6 months in
by The Dreamer
/screams into a void/
WHO IS THERE TO DOCUMENT MY GROWTH? WELL, DEFINITELY NOT ME!!!???
Here is a flimsy effort to salvage the past 6 months of swimming consciousness.
- Favourite Fiction: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz & The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Favourite Non-Fiction: Little Victories by Jason Gay
- Favourite Mangas/Webtoons: Fools by Youngha, Bagdam & 我在1999等你 by D君 and Mou Ichido Nando Demo by Aniya Yuiji
- Favourite Children’s Book: An Awesome Book! by Dallas Clayton
- Favourite Japanese Movies: My Tomorrow, Your Yesterday, Your Lie in April
- Favourite Western Movies: Big Fish, Little Miss Sunshine, The Edge of Seventeen, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Favourite Animation: In This Corner of the World, Only Yesterday, Wolf Children
- Favourite Korean Movies: Miss Granny
- Creative Motivation by Rosianna Halse Rojas
- Some Rough Advice for the “Real World” by Hank Green
- Better Reflections by So Sonia
- They Call Him Hinge Joint by Myles Wheeler (I’m pretty sure I’ve recommended this before but I just rewatched it and ugh, it makes me feel nostalgic for experiences that I’ve never even experienced before, and this is a pure masterpiece????)
- Grace Neutral Explores Korea’s Illegal Beauty Scene
- Tokyo’s Genderless Youth
- Seven Up! to 56 Up! A Series
- Parenting With Sign Language
- Life, Animated
- ((Haven’t been watching alot of dramas lately, but)) Reply 1988 and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
- Things that don’t really fit in anywhere:
- Scotland. Just…everything about that place. It’s magical.
- Brunswick Cottage, Bath. We stayed in there for 2 days and I’m still feeling “homesick” just thinking about that place. It’s the closest I can get to my imagined dream house set into reality. Absolutely gorgeous and quirky and wonderful.
- This reddit thread about gay penguins stealing eggs and replacing them with rocks to fulfill their innate desire to raise children. I love it.
- Korean makeup??? I’ve been really into the Peripera Airy Ink Velvet and the Etude House Contour Stick Duo and the Innisfree No Sebum Powder. Life savers. I’ve also really been into makeup tutorials like these.
- Wicked, the Musical. I cried when it was over.
- Color Club. I love her style!
- Wholesome Memes!!!
- I’ve been preferring sketching to writing. Sad, I know. But equally cathartic.
- Socks! And headbands!
- All in this playlist. I named it 4:35 because that is the time of the day where I feel everything is the most surreal. The air a little bit thinner, the sky a little duller, gravity a little less forceful, and the mind in a hazy, dreamlike state.
It’s sad that I have to resort to a bullet-style form of blogging. I have a nagging sense that I’m missing something (like I do remember having this photographer/artist that I really adore, but his/her name escapes me?) so for now, this will do.